The Case Manager will assist residents of the W.C. Atkinson Memorial Community Services Center, Inc. housing programs achieve maximum self-sufficiency and independence. This goal will be accomplished by identifying resources and developing a plan of action through the Individualized Intensive Case Management Initiative. This approach includes active listening, advocacy, critical thinking, problem solving and awareness of the Chester County social context to understand the challenges and opportunities residents face. The primary information and reporting tool is the Chester County Client Information Management System (CCCIMS). The Case Manager will maintain all files and records for each program resident and will ensure that resident confidentiality is maintained and protected.
- Meets with resident within 3 days of arrival to shelter. Reviews initial needs assessment
- completed by intake staff and acts upon critical needs appropriately and immediately.
- Completes full assessment and develops an individualized resident-driven action plan with both short-term and long-term goals identified; the primary focus is to achieve stable housing. Completes a timeline and measures for each goal in collaboration with the resident.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other service providers for housing, mental health, alcohol, drug rehabilitation, legal and other supportive services needed for each resident.
- Maintains or oversees the entry of all required client data in Chester County Client Information Management System (CCCIMS).
- Consistently communicates with Chester County’s Street Outreach and Homeless Crisis Response System, as indicated.
- Monitors progress towards goals in regularly scheduled weekly sessions; evaluates and adjusts case plans as needed.
- Provides support for men residing in Atkinson’s Supportive Housing.
- Meets weekly with the Social Worker Supervisor for team conferencing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or 3-5 years’ experience in social service case work. Preferably accomplished skill working with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Written and verbal skills to interface with residents, governmental agencies, social service providers, courts/probate officers and other essential services. Bilingual ability is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate well with men who come from various
- Must be computer proficient and willing to learn new systems as indicated.
- 10 Vacation Days
- 5 Personal Days
- 10 Holidays
- Half Day Within Week Prior to Holidays
- Social Work CEU’s
- Gym Membership
- Annual Fit Bit Challenge
- Safe, Free Parking
Overview - The WC Atkinson Memorial Community Service Center, Inc. (AMSCI), Coatesville, PA.
AMSCI was founded in 1988 by members of the First Seventh-day Adventist Church; having sheltered individuals and families for six years. A non-profit including a community board was formed and currently operates a 22-bed shelter for men experiencing homelessness, five supportive homes for men transitioning from homelessness, and 18 affordable apartments for eligible individuals and families. In addition to housing, AMSCI is also community focused, and collaborates with community partners in a variety of initiatives related to healthy community.
- The Integrity of Program Delivery
- Client Participation
- An Environment of Hope
- Equity Resulting in Liberation for All
- Mental, Physical, Spiritual and Social [wholistic] Approach
- Community Partnerships
- Preserve the Legacy of “Community Enrichment” as modeled by Dr. Whittier C. Atkinson
Position Title: Case Manager
Reports to: Social Worker Supervisor FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full Time – Flexible
Wages: $39 - $44K Annually